Dirt Dash Rules
If you do not see something on here as okay to do assume you can not do it. Or is you have questions call or email. The information is below
These rules are for Bayfield County & Gogebic County Dirt Dash Races ONLY. There will be no exceptions. These rules we feel are for the safety of all involved. Intentional rough driving or hitting in the drivers door will not be tolerated and you will be disqualified. This is meant to be fun and we do not want anyone getting hurt.
- Front wheel cars only. NO Toronado's, Eldorado's or any other V8 equipped vehicle. NO four or all wheel drive vehicles.
- Tires must be all season tires NO racing tires. Mud /snow tires will be excepted this year. This means they are marked with an m/s. Strictly snow tires will not be allowed (example Blizzak). Only 80, 75, 70, 65, and 60 series tires are allowed.Valve guards may be welded to the wheels. NO filling the tires with fluid of any sorts or anything else other than air. Tires can NOT be siped, cut or grooved. Must be a DOT approved tire should not say "not for highway use".
- All glass must be removed to include the windshield. The windshield must be replaced with a screen that covers at least half of the windshield. The screen must be diamond mesh of no less than 1/8 inch thickness, with holes no larger than 1x1 or less than 1/2 x 1/2 and welded or secured with no less than 1/4 inch bolts. NO chicken wire or window screening will be allowed.
- Sun roofs must be filled in. Either tin, screen or something that covers the whole opening. If you have questions please ask.
- Headlights, tail lights, Rearview mirrors and all other chrome and/or plastic molding must be removed. Glass may not be left in the bottom of the doors. Rear deck light may be left in place and working.
- All bumpers must be stock and remain in stock location. NO reinforcing of bumper in any, way, shape or form.
- Trailer hitches must be removed.
- Battery and gas tank must be left in original position. Battery must be covered and fastened down securely. NO exceptions.
- NO fuel lines in drivers compartment.
- All engine parts must remain in original position. To include radiators and trans coolers. Nothing will be allowed in the car with the driver. NO exceptions. This will be strictly enforced due to insurance reasons.
- The doors and trunk must be chained, bolted or welded shut. Hood must be bolted or chained, but must be able to open for inspection.All hoods must have a 12 inch fire suppression hole cut in the center.
- A partial roll cage must be installed and must be secured to the car not just wedged in place to prevent roof collapse at the windshield area. A simple T bar from center of the floor to the roof and across the roof is the minimum requirement. NO external cages or door bars will be allowed. The T-bar or cage must go across or include windshield upper frame.
- A brace can be installed from the roof to the floor behind the driver's seat and across the back of the driver's seat from the door post to the door post.This is NOT mandatory. A door bar can be used internally only from the door podt to the door post onthe driver's side only.
- A fire extinguisher must be anchored within the driver's reach and be able to be removed for use if needed,
- All drivers must wear a DOT approved helmet at all times during the race. Eye protection is required either in the form of a shield or goggles. NO sun glasses will be allowed.
- The car number must be 18 inches high and 2 inches thick, and of a contrasting color to the body of the car. Numbers must be on both sides of the car on the drivers and passengers door. NO exceptions. Also, an upright panel on the roof is required using the same lettering requirements as the doors.
- Extra padding on the drivers door or a grab handle on the driver's side door is allowed.
- A driver's door window net is mandatory and must be able to be opened for ease of the driver getting in and out.The net CAN NOT be made of chicken wire, duct tape, seat belts or other non-standard material. A racing net costs only about $20.00 and keeps your arms and head inside the car in the event of a rollover. NO screening of any type in of any other windows will be allowed.
Air bags must be removed or disconnected properly so they do not go off. Just removing the fuse will not disarm it. If it goes off during the race you will be disqualified.
- These rules are for the safety of all involved. This event is meant to be fun and do not want to see anyone getting hurt.
*Keep your paint jobs family oriented. Any inappropriate things will be asked to be painted over or not allowed to race. No dirty pictures or bad words.
The rules and or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct and safety of the racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS.They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his or her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.